This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to potential site visitors. It might say something like this:
Good maintenance and proper use of the transmission system of our car will significantly increase its useful life
The vehicle’s transmission system has the function of sending the engine power to the automobile’s drive wheels to make it work. We can divide them mainly into two classes: automatic or manual transmissions based on the gearbox they have installed.
Whatever, as a general rule, it is a strong and robust system that does not usually fail whenever it is properly maintained so that the operating conditions are optimal. However, the passage of time and the number of kilometres always lead to particularly notable wear on their moving parts.
The joints and transmission shafts, being more unprotected, can be seized, so special attention should be paid in the reviews. When breakdowns accumulate, replacing the transmission of the vehicle is a relatively simple task by bringing the different elements together as one piece, since the cost is usually similar and it is more reliable to replace the assembly than each element separately.
Among the best advice we can follow to extend its useful life and not face this situation are:
- Change the transmission oil according to the instructions in the maintenance book dictated by the manufacturer; approximately every 50,000 kilometres.
- To avoid precipitating wear and subjecting the transmission to great efforts, the ideal is to never overload the vehicle and keep the tires in good condition, always using similar and well calibrated wheels.
- Preventing overheating of the transmission is possible thanks to the proper functioning of the cooling system. Don’t forget to keep it for the road.
Most common transmission system failures
Detecting a fault in the transmission system in time can be key for the life of our car, therefore, we will indicate some small guidelines that help us recognise that it is failing in the transmission of the vehicle:
- If we hear a metallic noise when we turn to change direction, it is likely that the gasket on that side is worn and now the anchor has slacks so it should be replaced. In the annual periodic reviews of this system it is advisable to check the condition of the dust covers, since these depend on the joints being kept clean and well oiled. Our experts are ready to replace it if you have any issues with that.
- If we feel the vibrations when we go in a straight line, especially when we accelerate or decelerate sharply, it is likely that we are facing a case of imbalance of the shield, also called the transmission half-tree. As we mentioned at the beginning, the cost of replacing the joint or the shield is very similar, so it is preferable to change the entire block.
These two cases are more common when it comes to vehicles with rear-wheel drive.
In general, the humming when stopping the vehicle or accelerating as well as a lack of stability in the system, denote problems in the differential, either because the bearings have worn out or because the differential assembly has been adjusted, so we should not hesitate to call our mechanics.
Common Auto Transmission problems
* Leaking fluid
* Check Engine light on
* refuses’ to go into gear
*won’t go into gear
*whining sound from transmission